Are you aware that they are different ways of praising God? Yes, there are diverse ways to praise God and it is even recorded in the bible. But before knowing about the different ways of praising God, it would be nice you know what praise is and the reasons why you need to praise this God.
Recommended >>> Obedience to the Word of God
What is Praise
There are many definitions of praise. Praise is said to be an act of giving God thanks. It is giving glory to God. Praise is saying “thank you, Jesus”. Praise is showing gratitude to God. Praise is expressed verbally that is through the words of the mouth and also through your body language.
Why do you need to praise God?
Have you ever wondered why you need to praise God? God can actually raise stones to praise him, so why does he need the humans to give him praise, have this ever crossed your path? Well, I will be sharing with you some reasons why you need to praise God.
- We need to praise God because we have been commanded to praise him. Psalm 150:6 says “Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord”.
- We praise God so as to gain access to his presence. Psalm 69:30 “I will praise the name of God with a song and magnify him with thanksgiving.
- One of the best ways to provoke your change is to praise God. Psalm 119:164 Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgment.
The Different Ways of Praising God
Like I earlier stated, there are different ways a Christian can praise God, and they are listed below.
- We can praise God through singing. Psalm 30:4 says Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
- Also, we can praise God by shouting. Psalm 35:27 “let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favor my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the Lord be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
- Lifting up your hands is also an avenue to praise God. Psalm 134:2
- It is possible to praise God through music or with instruments. Psalm 150:4 says to praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.
- We can also give praises to God by dancing. Psalm 149:3 “Let them praise him in the dance…”
These and a lot more are the diverse ways of praising God.