There are so many questions concerning the Christian belief that has no answer. Who is God and where did God come from? This is one of the oldest questions without an answer over the years. Logically, every question should have an explanatory answer. However, the question and topic here is – how was Lucifer afflicted? And the origin of evil.
HOW WAS LUCIFER AFFLICTED? | THE ORIGIN OF EVIL
The saying knowledge is power is correct but too much power (knowledge) corrupts the human mind and nature. If you are exposed to some secrets, after knowing them, you may not last up to 24hours alive and may disappear without people seeing the lifeless body. That is the very reason why knowledge is good and at the same time dangerous. Who is God and where did God come from? The answer to such a question will not really add any value to you as a child of God. How was Lucifer afflicted and where evil came from is more important because that is the battle we are wrestling today as Christians? Everything we need to know is in the Bible, but not everyone has the knowledge of understanding.
THE ORIGIN OF EVIL
In Genesis, the Bible tells us that the world was without form, void and darkness was upon the face of the deep. Darkness here is simply the dueling place of evil. That means before man was created, darkness was already in existence and the world was overshadowed with the presence of evil. God came and separated darkness (evil) from light – Garden of Eden which was the true habitation of man. The plan of Darkness ( Satan ) was to completely rule over light by overthrowing God in heaven. There are so many things we don’t need to know now because it’s not relevant at this time.
RELATED VERSE OF DARKNESS EXISTENCE- EPHESIANS 6:12-16KJV
12. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
GENESIS 1:2 Said the earth was without form and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
The scriptures above have one thing in common, which is the word “Darkness.” The first talks about the rulers of darkness while the second talks about the presence of darkness. As we know already, darkness is evil. The man was separated from darkness but darkness was still present on earth.
HOW WAS LUCIFER AFFLICTED
According to the scripture, Lucifer was the closest angel to God before he broke God’s heart but trust me God did not create evil in Lucifer. In the book of Revelation 12:9, The Bible referred to the king of evil as the great dragon which was casted out of heaven, that old serpent, also known as the Devil, and Satan. None of these names are referring to Lucifer. I know for sure you might want to question; how is Lucifer not the same as the devil?
The corrupted Lucifer became the devil’s vessel of accommodation. Example; Have you not seen people who are been delivered in the church from evil spirits? Some Prophet do ask the evil inside of the victims but the voice and reaction of the victims are usually strange. At that time you will hear different names and confessions of the darkness in them. Now, does that mean the victim is the same as the strange force in them? The answer is totally No! Lucifer couldn’t be saved because somehow, the evil has eaten too deep into his very existence. Also, he accommodated and embraced the evil in him and nursed it against God.
BEFORE LUCIFER’S AFFLICTION
Before the war in heaven, Lucifer was a talented angel with a beautiful gift of pleasing God. He knows how to burst the bobbles of God and making God happy is one of his talents. Lucifer was popularly known as a singer, a leader of praise and worship. At this time heaven was free of evil until Evil (The great Dragon) gained his way into heaven and afflicted Lucifer. Satan, also known as the Great Dragon (the Devil) is different from Lucifer who was an angel of God. The angel Lucifer became a victim of the devil because somehow he was vulnerable at a point and evil took over him.
Related Verse of Satan’s Scheme of Affliction | Matthew 26:36-41
36. Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder.
37. And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy.
38. Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.
39. And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
40. And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?
41. Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
In the verse above is talking about how Jesus was tempted greatly through his thought by the devil on how he wished he could to turn down the will of God but Jesus did not give in to Satan. Jesus said, “The spirit was willing but the flesh was weak”. Christ knew He has come to serve and not to be served. Therefore he said let the will of God prevail, even in His sorrowful state towards death. Sometimes when our actions are all about our will, we are making the devil prevail over our lives and not God. The time of sleep is a very vulnerable time for every being, that is the striking time of the Devil. We should always watch and pray, not all naps are worth taking.
THE GIFT OF SATAN | The Rulers Of Darkness
One thing darkness can do that light can not do; darkness can be disguised and hidden in the midst of light but light can not hide in darkness. One good thing is that with time, the hidden darkness in the light will be fished out. Evil was able to gain it’s way into heaven and consumed Lucifer using the gift of Lucifer to afflict other angels in heaven.
Satan’s (the devil’s) gift is to gain access into any living thing and use the talent which God has deposited in that living being against God. That was the case of Lucifer and the snake in the garden of Eden. When God found out that evil was in their midst in heaven it resulted in the war and Michael and other angels fought but the Devil did not prevail.
THE WAR IN HEAVEN | Revelation 12:7-9(KJV)
7. And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8. And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9. And the great dragon cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
God came down to the world and arranged the earth made it shape and secured a place (Garden of Eden) for Adam to rule, making Adam’s body a carrier of the spirit of the Son of God. For Better Understanding of how Adam because a host of Christ, Read The Fall Of Man. Garden of Eden was created by God for man as the throne of man and it remained the holiest place on earth. But the devil used the same scheme again just like he gained his way into heaven and afflicted Lucifer.
THE AFFLICTION OF ADAM
In the creation of God, the snake is one of the most subtle beasts created by God, very gentle in appearance and difficult to predict. Satan the devil used the snake and it’s a gift knowing that God was away from man, Adam was away from woman, then the devil was able to afflict woman.
After the affliction, Eve (Woman) became evil and polluted. This scheme was to get to the man and to end the perfect plan and relationship between God and man. The Devil already knows that if he succeeds in polluting Adam God will have no choice but to send Adam away from his sight so that he ( the devil) can completely rule over man. Devil’s plan actually worked out until God changed the game plan without the devil knows. That is the first coming of Jesus to die for the sin of man.
The War between light and darkness is still ongoing and we alive are like soldiers sent into the battle feed. You are for either light or darkness, no room for neutrality ( in between the line ). Don’t be too fast to say life is a free gift, we only live once, therefore; enjoy it while it lasts. Those are the saying of slaves to the kingdom of darkness. Just like in a war, there are slaves and there are captives. Be wise and know where you belong. The devil will not give up on you if he knows that God has deposited a god talent (gift) in you.
THE GARDEN OF EDEN | THE PARABLE OF THE TARES (Matthew 13:24-30 KJV)
Garden of Eden was like a farm to God, where man and other creations of God are the crops while The devil is the enemy who came to sowed tares (sin) in midst of the crops. Evil is the tares that were sown into Man and man being the leader of other creation, the affliction spread all over. The day of harvest is the day God will judge the earth.
RELATING MATTHEW 13:24-30 KJV TO THE GARDEN OF EDEN
24. Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25. But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26. But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27. So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28. He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29. But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30. Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
The true origin of evil is still unknown. Who created evil? is still left unsolved. It is Only God that gives knowledge and above all, understanding of the bible. None of this knowledge is mine, I am only the writer. Shalom
OSHASHA .I. JERRY.