“Is Tithing compulsory” The debate towards the contribution and giving of Tithes in the Church today is way more than ever before. Is tithing or payment of tithe compulsory, yes or No? The answer is in the bible but it is not visible to the average studiers of the bible. Read on as you find out what Jesus said about payment of tithe in the new testament.
Also, Endeavour to See >>> IS THERE LIFE AFTER DEATH? – FABRICATED DREAM | PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
Is Tithing Compulsory?
The word Tithe means a 10% contribution of every harvest, profit or income realized by every Christian to the church. The money is meant to be used to manage the growth of the church so that there will be plenty of food, meat and even drinks in the church for those who put all their hopes in God. Read Deuteronomy 14:22-29, it explains more.
In the old testament, the early Christians paid their tithe because of the curse and the blessings of open heavens attached to not paying and paying of tithe. The following scripture says it all.
Malachi 3:8-10 | Bible Quote on Tithe
8.Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
9.Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
10. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
Why Should Christians Pay Tithe
In the book of Matthew and Luke, Jesus simplifies the whole law which is the ten commandments given to man by God. The law was summarized into two but he did not clearly state payment of tithe. In the scripture, a practitioner of the law who wanted to tempt Jesus, asked Jesus saying “ what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” Luke 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
Loving | Tithe
If you love the Lord your God, you will fund the church with all you have. All aspects of promoting the gospel of God will be your interest. Solomon spent more treasures and capital in building the temple of God and what he got was a massive breakthrough.
Loving your neighbor | charity
Without giving love is incomplete. Anyone who loves his or her neighbor as his or her self will not be selfish, proud or mean to his brother or sister. They will do all they can within their power or ability to make sure that their neighbor is happy.
Reasons why a man should not pay Tithe
The story of Cain and Abel is a story with many wisdom attached to it. The two brothers decided to offer God a burnt offering. According to the bible, the two brothers offed their sacrifice but Cain who was the eldest was not ready to give to God cheerfully from his heart. The younger brother who is Abel was a man who has the love of God in his heart. Abel gave his burnt offering cheerfully and God accepted his offering but Cain who was mean to God, his own offering was rejected. The story still continues but I will end here.
The whole purpose of this story is to clearly teach you that any man who is convinced or persuaded by any preacher to give a tangible offering or tithe is wasting his own time. Therefore, you should be lead by your spirit to give from your heart. Unlike Cain, he was not willing to give. He only gave to God out of pressure because it was like a tradition to give a burnt offering to God at that time. The fact that people are giving their tithe doesn’t mean that you should give. The giving must be from your heart. Abel was a cheerful giver but Cain was not.
2 Corinthians 9:6-8 | Giving with Love
6. But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
7. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
8. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:
The Reason Why We Give But Still Not Blessed By God
- A lot of people pay their tithe in churches because of the encouragement of their pastors and not their love for God. Don’t pay if you think it’s a boding.
- Most people give offering out of shame because they don’t want to be left out in giving. It is riskier going to the presence of God with a double mind.
- Some others give to be known in the church by their fellow members or to be reverend by some church leaders. These are hypocrites, their reward is already given by men.
The only way to give and be blessed is by giving willingly and quietly in secret to avoid the thanks and worship of men. Therefore, let it be between you and God only. In conclusion, Jesus’ message to the world is love and that was the example He demonstrated by dying for all men to be redeemed. John 3:16. Love is all we need to inherit the kingdom of God. Those who are in love with God will surely give cheerfully and they will not steal from their neighbor.
As a Christian, you should not pay attention to the sins of other persons or judge the affairs of some or any church leaders. Do what you need to do and leave the rest for God. All men have sinned and have fall short the glory of God. Let God be the judge of those who Converts the funds of the church into personal usage. If you consider the greed of some leaders in the church, you will not want to give what is needed of you to the church.
16. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16-17 | Salvation Is Personal
17. Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Remember! Give with the right state of mind and not by the influence of somebody and your life will never remain the same. Shalom!